I’m not entirely sure about bumper sticker theology
But if one must adhere theology to one’s bumper, let’s consider placing Jesus is Brilliant right next to Jesus is Lord.
He’s way beyond molecules and the physical sciences.
He’s more than metaphysical. The supremacy of Jesus Christ reigns over all of reality – invisible and seen.
Consider Jesus’ mastery of the physical realm
- Jesus knew how to upgrade the molecular structure of ordinary water, instantaneously transforming it into matchless wine.
- He knew how to utilize energy, multiply matter in the feeding of thousands. All of this with a few pieces of bread and fish.
- He showed his mastery of the human body in transforming diseased tissue, restoring health and life.
- He could overcome gravity as needed, suspending normal laws of water buoyancy.
- Dangerous weather patterns were arrested with a powerful command. Human suffering was cut short from a distance with a word.
Jesus – resurrected, ascended, and enthroned – has consummate mastery over every aspect of reality. He has every answer and solution we need or want. And in every sphere: personal, family, business, community, society …
Jesus “is now supervising the entire course of world history (Revelation 1.5) while simultaneously preparing the rest of the universe for our future role in it (John 14.2). He always has the best information on everything and certainly also on the things that matter most in human life.” ~ Dallas Willard
Q4U: What information do you need from Him? Is there something in your life or sphere of influence that requires the brilliance and mastery of Jesus? Do you desire the good life and to be truly blessed?