Have you felt like a BARRIER was holding you back in an area of your lifestyle or work? Are you weary of the limiting negativity around you? Or even in your own thinking and emotional life?
Here’s the reality … you can experience a breakthrough!
Photo: an F/A-18 Hornet breaks the sound barrier. Public domain.
Accelerate beyond the speed of sound
I’m referring to NEGATIVE SOUND: bad information, disbelief, and fear that may be holding you back.
Physical sound waves in our personal environment are not to be underestimated. We’re usually not in touch with the full impact that natural sound has upon us—watch this short TED talk.
We’re smart if we proactively shape our soundscape so that it harmonizes with our values and vision.
But there’s something more impactful than physical sound. Negative sound carries a mental/emotional/spiritual energy that influences us far more than just natural sound itself:
- Unending always-churning “news”
- People in our lives who “broadcast” negativity
- Corrosive internal speak … consciously or sub-consciously
Let’s escape this death spiral and live a supersonic lifestyle, accelerating beyond the reach of negative sound.
When a plane exceeds the speed of sound (712 MPH), there are some unusual phenomena, even chaos. But once the pilot presses through, there is peace and calm.
Flying towards freedom
“Pay attention to what you hear” (Jesus Christ).
Get faster. Outpace the speed of negative sound so that it can’t influence you. Sound cannot keep up with a plane that breaks the sound barrier.
Breaking through will release you more fully into your calling and destiny. The noise will cease and you will hear the sound of heaven with clarity.
— Brian Del Turco (@BrianDelTurco) April 30, 2015
How do we get faster? How can we press through this membrane of negativity? Think in terms of what you DRAW IN and what you KEEP OUT …
- Feed your mind with the best nutrition you can get your hands on. Scripture. Quality books. Absorb what top-tier communicators are saying.
- Create a life soundtrack. Power your life with music which elevates and inspires. Take it to the highest level on the wings of worship.
- Filter and silence negativity and disbelief around you. Proactively control your personal environment. Be highly selective with media.
- Deflect the dark energy of complaining and negative conversation. From time to time you may have to lay down some markers with others—even those who are close to you! Many will begin to get the message.
- Give permission to those you trust to bring things to your awareness. Things about you—like dark attitudes, poverty speech, bad body language.
- Pay close attention to what’s happening on the inside. Become aware of your internal speak—patterns and cycles of inner dialogue. This can be a wake up call! Make adjustments.
- Get clear and intentional about re-scripting your internals—the mind, emotions, and even your spirit. Do this via meditation, prayer, visualization and affirmations. Write out your beliefs and then say them out loud. Review … rehearse … re-script.
Get stronger on the INSIDE than everything that’s on the OUTSIDE.
You can accelerate, positioning your flight path beyond the turbulence that most chronically experience. And you will fly free from what has held you.
Slipping the “surly bonds of earth”
Soar on the fresh, elevating sound of positivity, belief and faith.
“Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth, and danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings … And while with silent, lifting mind I’ve trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space, put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”
(Excerpt from High Flight, a sonnet by John Gillespie Magee, Jr., son of Anglican missionaries and young American airman who volunteered for service in the Royal Canadian Air Force during WWII.)
Also, see Escape Velocity: Breaking Free
Photo: An F/A-18 Hornet assigned to Strike Fighter Squadron One Five One (VFA-151) breaks the sound barrier in the skies over the Pacific Ocean. Public domain.